Tuesday 8 January 2013

Introducing...Jill Tytherleigh






















































I graduated from Kingston University in 2005 with a degree in Illustration. Since graduating as well as commercial editorial commissions, I have explored other avenues for exposure of my work one of which is through my Designer/Maker name Jilltydrawings. Here I have developed a range of British vintage inspired goods that have been screenprinted by hand. I make prints and homewares which I sell online and at various festivals and designer/maker craft markets. I am featured designer in the book Inspired:London’ a guide to the hidden treasure trove of British design talent in London. Recent fairs have been at the annual Mayor London’s Thames festival, Lollibop children’s festival and the official Thames Jubilee Pageant festival.
Much of my work is realistic and decorative with handrawn typographic influences. As well as translating my designs onto products, I have been lucky enough to extend into surface pattern design and have worked on prestigious commissions with Arerchitects Studio Weave. Their design for a floating cinema canal boat introduced illustration as a means of surface design on a ‘puff’ roof structure that was a prominent feature of the boat. Furthermore, I was also invited to illustrate the windows on a kebab shop as part of a regeneration project of Willesden High street. The windows are still in use by the owners today.

http://jilltytherleigh.com/index.htm
http://www.etsy.com/shop/jilltydrawings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.